The CrossFit programming is developed to enhance a person’s ability to perform at all physical tasks. CrossFit athletes are known to conquer different physical challenges, from everyday activities to outdoor sports and other sporting disciplines. In fact, this level of fitness is required and practiced by the military and even law enforcement personnel.
Here are some facts about CrossFit and the US military:
- CrossFit helped the military change the attitude of their soldiers regarding physical fitness. This isn’t just something that will give them a better physique—CrossFit will enhance their overall general physical preparedness (GPP) and mental toughness which are crucial in the Military.
- CrossFit is adapted by the military to reduce the occurrence of injuries while performing daily duties. Since they’re in top physical shape, they’ll be able to perform their routines and tasks better.
- CrossFit pushes its athletes physically and mentally beyond measure. CrossFit avoids routine to fight complacency and keeps the athletes on their toes. A heightened General Physical Preparedness enables people doing CrossFit the ability to take on several unexpected challenges we might face in life.
- Group training increases the camaraderie between CrossFitters and helps develop a “no quit” attitude—these two are essential in the Military.
- The objective of every workout is to stimulate what law enforcement describes as a foot pursuit or physical confrontation with a suspect.
- The military and law enforcement were among the first to adapt CrossFit. The U.S. military is one of CrossFit Inc.’s largest followers.
- The bond between CrossFit and the military goes so deep. It honors the deaths of military personel who died in the line of duty with WODs named after them (Murph, Randy, Tommy V, etc).
- CrossFit has a big military following because of its intensity, community and, specifically, the functional fitness soldiers need in the field.